Broad Power environmental policy is at the heart of everything we do. It ensures we can develop and operate management systems and working practices that make proper provision for the protection of the environment. It also allows for continuous improvement, with due consideration to cost and commercially available technology. Its main features are to:
- Operate the business in compliance with all current and applicable environmental legislation and codes of practice, and implement best practice
- Utilise energy and water resources efficiently
- Monitor, control and continually reduce significant pollutants to all environmental media
- Ensure minimisation of waste and assessment of waste recovery, re-use and recycling
- Document, implement and maintain systems for monitoring and assessing performance against environmental standards and company procedures
- Issue an environmental plan in order to record, prioritise and update environmental objectives, targets and actions
Health and Safety Policy
Broad Power is committed to maintaining a high standard of health and safety for all our employees, contractors, members of the public and any other persons who may be affected by our operations and work activities.
This duty is expanded to ensure:
- The provision and maintenance of safe plant and systems of work
- Suitable arrangements for the safe transport, use, storage and handling of articles and substances
- Adequate provision of information, instruction, training and supervision as necessary to ensure the safety of employees
- The maintenance of a safe place of work with safe access and exit points
- The provision and maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities
Copies of all our policies can be made available on request.